- Offered Salary Competitive
- Position Science Teacher
- Qualification P.G.C.E / Teaching License
Areas of Responsibility and Key Tasks
Planning, Teaching and Class Management
Teach allocated pupils by planning their teaching to achieve progression of learning through:
- identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed;
- setting tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest;
- setting appropriate and demanding expectations;
- setting clear targets, building on prior attainment;
- identifying SEN or very able pupils;
- providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace and challenge;
- motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative delivery;
- making effective use of assessment and ensure coverage of programmes of study;
- ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time;
- maintaining discipline in accordance with the school’s procedures and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework;
- using a variety of teaching methods to:
- match approach to content, structure information, present a set of key ideas and use appropriate vocabulary
- use effective questioning, listen carefully to pupils, give attention to errors and misconceptions
- select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills through library, ICT and other sources;
- ensuring pupils acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught;
- evaluating own teaching critically to improve effectiveness;
- ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support, where applicable;
- taking account of pupils’ needs by providing structured learning opportunities which develop the areas of learning identified in National and local policies;
- encouraging pupils to think and talk about their learning, develop self control and independence, concentrate and persevere, and listen attentively;
- using a variety of teaching strategies which involve planned adult intervention, first-hand experience and talk as a vehicle for learning;
- keeping up-to-date with developments in education;
- leading at least two after-school activities over the academic year;
- actively supporting and promoting the school through positive relations including attendance at PTA events.
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting
- assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching;
- mark and monitor pupils’ work and set targets for progress;
- assess and record pupils’ progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and weaknesses, inform planning and recognise the level at which the pupil is achieving;
- undertake assessment of students as requested by departmental and school procedures;
- prepare and present informative reports to parents.
- contribute to the whole school’s planning activities.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified. Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
This post is subject to the current conditions of employment for Teachers contained in the Jebel Ali School’s Employment Contract and Staff Handbook.
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of the school in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
To whom responsible: Head of Secondary
Jebel Ali School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. The successful candidate will be subject to relevant national police checks.
To apply, complete and send this document and attach it to the form below: